dog food mold
iittssaavv

A Twitter user is going after Blue Buffalo after she says that the company’s contaminated dog food allegedly made her two pets ill — one fatally so.

“PSA: This @bluebuffalo bag of dog food has mold at the bottom which could’ve KILLED my dogs!” Twitter user iittssaavv wrote on Twitter in late March. “Spread the word to any blue buffalo users!!!”

On Tuesday, she posted an update: one of the dogs had died a few days ago from a heart attack and the other dog is experiencing liver failure.

“This will NOT go unnoticed,” iittssaavv wrote.

Blue Buffalo responded to the original tweet apologizing, and said that its customer service team would like to learn more about the incident. The company did not respond to Business Insider’s request for comment.

The tweets have since gone viral, with the original tweet being retweeted more than 5,000 times.