By Jharonne Martis
- First quarter earnings are expected to increase 5.9% from Q1 2016.
- 89% of companies in our Retail/Restaurant Index have reported 1Q 2017 EPS.
- Of the 199 companies in the Retail/Restaurant Index that have reported earnings to date for Q1 2017, 66% have reported earnings above analyst expectations, 9% matched, while 25% reported revenue below analyst expectations.
- The Q1 2017 blended revenue growth estimate is 4.2%.
- 57% have reported revenue above analyst expectations, and 43% reported revenue below analyst expectations.
- For Q2 2017, there have been 42 negative EPS preannouncements issued compared to 14 positive EPS preannouncements.
Retailers this week: may 22 – 26One of the biggest surprises came from Best Buy. The retailer posted a robust 1.6% SSS, above its -1.5% SSS…