In recent years, LinkedIn has expanded to become a worldwide pillar for professionals, job seekers, employers, networkers, content producers and learners of all kinds. In fact, it was just recently announced that LinkedIn proudly boasts more than 500 million members from 200 different countries, making it one of the most widely used and recognizable powerhouse platforms available.
Given the widespread popularity of the platform and vast products and services available through it, it’s not hard to understand why advertisers gravitate towards LinkedIn. Recent studies have shown tremendous benefits that come from advertising on LinkedIn:
- 80 percent of B2B leads come from LinkedIn
- 94 percent of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content
- 46 percent of social media traffic coming to B2B company sites is from LinkedIn
- 43 percent of marketers say they’ve sourced a customer from LinkedIn
- LinkedIn SlideShare reaches 70 million unique visitors a month, making it among the top 100 most-visited website in the world
While those numbers are impressive, they’re certainly not hard to believe. LinkedIn, by its very nature, tends to attract a more pragmatic audience than other platforms. Whereas other social platforms are often used for leisure and recreation, LinkedIn is often used for…