Over the past two years, eBags’ traffic and sales have dramatically increased thanks to continued investment in the user experience and site speed.

A key component of the online pure-play’s success is its ability to personalize the experience for shoppers with tailored offers and alerts designed to build long-term engagement. Its personalized marketing efforts are paying huge dividends, with approximately 2/3 of its mobile app traffic driven by flash sales.

“Flash sales have been a huge part of our growth and success,” said Mike Frazzini, CTO, eBags. “We have enhanced technology, particularly around mobile features for Steal of the Day. We started last year with our mobile app to allow custom filters and alerts. And we just rolled out browser notification features. Flash sales have been great.”

As flash sales and tailored promotions continue to drive traffic to the site, Frazzini and his team are ramping up eBags’ mobile capabilities. Under CEO Mike Edwards’ leadership the online retailer has embraced a mobile-first strategy and investing time, money and manpower to supercharge its mobile experience and infrastructure.

According to Frazzini around 70% to 80% of his team’s time is dedicated to enhancing the mobile web experience with a focus on user experience and speed. The other 20% to 30% of the time the technology team is working on improving the retailer’s mobile app, IoT, chatbot technology, voice-based search and other cutting-edge initiatives.

eBags is in the midst of its hectic back-to-school season but continues to develop and deploy new features and capabilities that are helping redefine its mobile experience.

“For back to school specifically we are really focused…