While much has been said about the digital prowess of the Gen Z generation, less attention has been paid to their yearning to contribute and participate with brands.
A global survey from the IBM Institute for Business Value and the National Retail Federation of 15,600 Gen Zers between the ages of 13 and 21 shows that, if given the opportunity:
- Forty-four percent of Gen Zers would like to submit ideas for product design;
- Forty-three percent would participate in a product reviews;
- Forty-two percent would participate in online game for a campaign;
- Thirty-six percent would create digital content for a brand;
- Thirty-eight percent would attend an event supported by a brand.
In related findings, 60 percent felt it is important for brands to value their opinions. Further, 55 percent want to have control over what…