CVS Health has named the management team that will lead the company when it combines with insurance and health-related services provider Aetna.
The team will take the reins after the close of the Aetna acquisition. The parties expect the transaction to close in the second half of 2018, subject to required regulatory approvals.
Aetna will operate as a stand-alone business unit within CVS Health following the close, led by members of their current management team. Members of both the Aetna and CVS Health management teams will play roles in the newly combined company:
- Jon Roberts will continue to serve as evp and COO for CVS Health with operational oversight for CVS Pharmacy, CVS Caremark and the Omnicare operation.
- Karen Lynch, currently president of Aetna, will serve as evp/CVS Health and president of the Aetna business unit.
- Fran Soistman will continue to serve as evp and head of government services for Aetna, leading the Medicare, Medicaid and Federal Plans businesses reporting to Lynch.
- Alan Lotvin, M.D., currently evp of specialty pharmacy for CVS Caremark, has been named evp/transformation with oversight over initiatives to establish the combined company.
- Richard di Benedetto will continue to serve in his current position of president of Aetna International.
- Shawn Guertin, currently evp, CFO and…